User's GuideThe following instructions are for experienced computer technicians. For detailed, illustrated instructions and for troubleshooting refer to the AC4G User's Manual.
Quick Start instructions:
- Shut down the computer and disconnect it from the electricity.
- Remove the CPU heat sink. Caution: the CPU may be very hot. Do not proceed until the CPU is cool to the touch.
- Apply a thin layer of silicone compound (from the small sachet) to the top surface of the CPU.
- Position the Cooling Unit on the CPU so that the cold plate sits squarely over the CPU.
- Use the heat sink clip (AMD) or clips (Intel) to clamp the Cooling Unit securely to the retention mechanism on the motherboard.
- Place the AC4G Power and Control in any free PCI slot.
- Connect the small connector of the Cooling Unit to the CPU fan connector on the motherboard.
- Connect the large connector of the Cooling Unit to the input/output connector on the back of the Power and Control Unit.
- Disconnect the front and rear case fans from the PC power supply. Connect (daisy chain) the front and rear fans to each other, and then connect them to the front/rear case fan connector on the back of the Power and Control Unit.
- Verify that the CPU fan and all case fans are unobstructed.
- Connect the supplied power cable to the power plug on the bracket of the Power and Control Unit, and plug the other end into an electric outlet (100-240V).
- Turn on the PC and verify that all three LEDs on the Power and Control Unit are lit.
- Put the PC cover back on.
AC4G Specs Intel P4 kk How AC4G Works
Thermoelectrics Tutor kk How AC4G Reduces Noise kk FAQ